Is your E-Aadhaar Verification failing for Income Tax?
Presently, small taxpayers are enjoying the benefits of E-Aadhaar Verification for the purpose of Income Tax Returns and other personal matters. Aadhaar verification shall become compulsory after 31st July, 2017 for purpose of Income Tax. Now the problem is that in maximum cases PAN Card data (data as per Income Tax Department) does not match Aadhaar Data.
Why does Aadhaar Verification fail in Income Tax:
For Aadhaar Verification in Income Tax two major things that should match are: 1. Full Name 2. Date of Birth. 1% difference in these two items will result in Aadhaar Verification failure. Even difference of space in name is not accepted. Thus even if you have both Aadhaar Card and PAN Card, verification may fail. In Indian State of Rajasthan full date of birth is not printed on many Aadhaar Cards which is also a cause for Aadhaar Verification failure. Also if your mobile number is not registered in Aadhaar or registered mobile number is inactive then also Aadhaar Verification will fail.
Guidelines for successful PAN Card – Aadhaar Verification:
Here are some helpful tips for PAN Card – Aadhaar successful verification:
- Firstly confirm whether your mobile number is registered in Aadhaar. If registered ensure that the registered mobile number is active i.e. working.
- Secondly confirm if the name as on PAN Card matches exactly with the name as on Aadhaar Card. In case of slightest discrepancy submit your Income Tax Return with the name as on PAN Card.
- If Aadhaar Verification fails then you have two options-
- Make correction in your PAN Card as per Aadhaar Data
- Make correction in your Aadhaar Data as per PAN Card
But to avoid any controversy or problem in future keep same name in PAN Card and PAN Card database.
Benefits of PAN Card – Aadhaar successful verification:
Following are the benefits of Pan Card – Aadhaar successful verification:
- Post 31st July 2017 Aadhaar Verification will become compulsory for Income Tax. So successful verification will complete your responsibility.
- On Successful Aadhaar Verification, Individuals will not be required to send ITR-V (Income Tax Return’s Primary Online Receipt) to Bengaluru, thus saving time and ensuring correct delivery.
- Accuracy in KYC for Bank purpose.
- Safety from any controversy / problems in future.
How to make correction in Pan Card or Aadhaar Card?
Following facilities for correction in PAN Card or Aadhaar Card are available for all:
- For Correction in Aadhaar Card
- Visit Authorized Enrollment Center or E-Mitra Center for all type of correction in your Aadhaar Card including your Mobile number
- An Individual can himself make certain online corrections in Aadhaar Data on website of UIDAI. However do not expect any support under this option.
- You may use Aadhaar Services of private service providers like onlineaadhaar.com or etdsdsc.com for online or offline correction in Aadhaar Data.
- For Correction in PAN Card –
- Visit any Authorized TIN-FC (PAN Card Center) for all types of correction in your PAN Card
- You can yourself make certain online corrections in PAN Card on website of NSDL or UTI. However do not expect any support under this option.
- You may use PAN Card Services of private service providers like pancard.org.in or etdsdsc.com for correction in PAN Card and much more.
To avoid any kinds of controversy or problem in future along with PAN Card and Aadhaar Card get all other important documents and ID Proofs (especially Passport and Driving License) corrected so that all the documents have common details.