PAN Card now valid as Date of Birth proof for Aadhar
Finally the Indian Govt. has provided relief to all Aadhaar Holders by accepting PAN Card as Date of Birth proof for correction in Aadhaar. PAN card is now a valid Proof of Date of Birth for Aadhaar purpose.
UIDAI has recently updated its list of valid proofs of Identity, Address and Date of Birth. Earlier only 4 documents where accepted as Proof of Date of Birth. Now the list of valid proof contains 9 documents i.e. 5 supporting documents are added to the list of Proof of Date of Birth.
For all those who did not have a valid date of birth proof earlier, it had become very difficult to get Aadhaar Card corrected. But now this decision of Indian Govt. is a great relief as PAN Card is a document which is available with majority Indians.
Also it makes sense as Aadhaar Card is a Valid Proof of Date of Birth for PAN Card, so PAN Card should also be accepted as a Valid Proof of Date of Birth for Aadhaar Card.
Thus, for all those who did not have a passport, Birth Certificate, SSLC marksheet / Certificate, this addition by UIDAI is very helpful.
For readers easy reference all the valid Proof of Birth are listed below :
To view list or chart of all valid proofs of Identity, Address and Date of Birth click here
Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents ( Valid Proofs For Aadhaar )
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Book/Certificate
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
- PAN Card
- Mark-sheet issued by any Government Board or University
- Government Photo Id Card / Photo identity card issued by PSU containing DoB
- Central/State Pension Payment Order
- Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo card