UIDAI issues Aadhar Card which is a Unique Identification Card. UIDAI has issued over 100 crore Aadhar Cards till present date. All Indian Individuals can get New Aadhar Card made free of any charge.
Procedure to get New Aadhar Card:
Please read the following procedure very carefully for getting a New Aadhar Card.
1. For Aadhar Card enrollment visit an enrollment center near you in person. Make sure that you go for Aadhar Enrollment with full preparation. Note: There is no option to enroll for a New Aadhar Card Online. You have to visit an enrollment center in person
2. All supporting documents like Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Date of Birth Proof copies should be appropriate and self attested. Click here for list of all valid supporting documents.
3. At the enrollment center fill up a simple form (Generally the people at enrollment center will help you with this formality). This is a very important part. Make sure that the details filled in the Form are correct and as per your supporting documents.
4. Submit the Form for entry. Now the officials shall enter your details in their system, take a photo of you, signature / thumb impression and scan your finger prints.
5. On completion of all the formalities, your details will be shown to you on the screen. Please please please check twice or even thrice for any mistakes in typing.
6. In the end if all the details are correct an Enrollment Receipt or Acknowledgement copy shall be given to you.
7. Please preserve this enrollment receipt forever even after you receive your Aadhar Card.
Remember New Aadhar Card enrollment is free of charge. The Officials cannot charge you for any reason whatsoever.
The above mentioned procedure is simple but very crucial as Aadhar Card is an important ID.
On successful enrollment you shall receive your Aadhar Card on the Address mentioned in the Aadhar Card by ordinary post in around 60 days.
However you may generate E-Aadhar Card (E-Aadhar is as good and valid as an Aadhar Card) on the basis of Enrollment Receipt or Acknowledgement Slip.