Birth Date In Aadhaar – Aadhaar Problem
Aadhaar Card is a very good ID proof, document and data record. Government of India is keenly interested to make the Aadhaar compulsory . But there are many serious Aadhaar Problems relating to Aadhaar for which Government of India is doing nothing as it appears. Govt / UIDAI may be unaware of these problems. We are just raising all such Aadhaar problems and shortcomings one by one in separate articles. We hope that Government of India / UIDAI will solve all such Aadhaar Card Problems. In this article, we are raising fifth problem which can be captioned as ‘ Problem of Birth Date in Aadhaar Card / Aadhaar Database .
Problem of Birth Date in Aadhaar Card / Aadhaar Database : While applying for Aadhaar Card and in the Aadhaar Card itself, the Birth Date of Aadhaar Card Holder (Resident) may be problematic. Presently, many Aadhaar Holders are facing following problems relating to Birth Date in Aadhaar Card :-
1. In many cases, it has been observed that Birth Date (DOB) has not been mentioned in Aadhaar Card . Only Birth year has been mentioned. Therefore, DOB as per Aadhaar is not matching with the DOB in PAN Card and Passport which are national level ID proofs. Therefore, Aadhaar fails in pancard / Income-tax Verification or mismatch with other ID proofs.
2. In many cases, it has been observed that Aadhaar Holder filled complete DOB in application but operators of Aadhaar Authorities filled only year just to save the time which is creating problem now.
3. In some cases, DOB in Aadhaar database has been mentioned estimatedly ‘ 01.01.YEAR ‘ without the knowledge of Aadhaar Holders. Therefore, Aadhaar fails in pancard / Income-tax Verification or mismatch with other ID proofs.
4. In absence of complete DOB, Aadhaar is not a valid proof of DOB.
5. DOB can be corrected / updated but only once.
6. It is surprising that Pancard and Aadhaar Card, both are issued by Government of India but rules, terms and conditions for the DOB of applicant / Holder is not same and identical. It is very serious fault due to double and unequal standards.
7. Contrary to Pan Card and Passport Application, there is no compulsion for exact DOB.
Suggestion For Aadhaar Card Holders
A. Aadhaar Card Applicants should use only full name for Aadhaar Card. Applicants should insist upon the Aadhaar Center to fill / accept only full name.
B. Aadhaar Card holder should try to correct / update the complete name in Aadhaar Card before using it Name ID for Pancard / Passport.
C. Aadhaar Card holder should beware of the fact that Name and other data on Aadhaar Card should be matching with other ID proofs such as Pancard &Passport. Discrepancy / mismatch will create problem in future.
Suggestion For Aadhaar UIDAI / Govt. Of India
(b) Govt. of India should suo-moto take initiation for correction in name in all such national level ID proofs such as Aadhaar Card , PANcard, Passport and Driving License free of cost to make them identical.